By American Society for Testing and Materia
Read or Download A Guide to Safe Handling of Hazardous Materials Accidents PDF
Best textbooks books
Rational Counseling Primer
E-book through Gingery, David J.
- The Lugers Models
- Recreations in the theory of numbers : the queen of mathematics entertains
- Soil Biology
- An H. G. Wells Companion: A guide to the novels, romances and short stories
- Metal fatigue : what it is, why it matters
- Wave theory of aberrations
Additional resources for A Guide to Safe Handling of Hazardous Materials Accidents
2. If the guards are incapacitated and the shipment is involved in fire that cannot be readily brought under control, keep all persons at least 1500 feet (450 meters) away and observe the rules in the General Instructions above. 3. If the guards are incapacitated and the shipment is not involved in fire, it should not be moved until proper instructions for its disposition are received from the shipper or the Energy Research and Development Administration. 4. In addition to reporting to DOT, immediately report the accident by telephone to the Albuquerque Operations Office of the Department of Energy, Albuquerque, New Mexico (505/845-4154).
S. (except Canada) CANUTEC in Canada Call collect 613/996-6666 The manufacturers listed below have useful information and training films: Texas Alkyls (Division of Akzo) 713/479-8411, 24 hrs. 800/227-7070 Ethyl Corporation 504/344-7147, 24 hrs. 800/535-3030 If these materials are used in or transported through your area, you should know what to do in case of a spill. Disruption of normal traffic may route these materials through your area. PERSONNEL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT 62 Eye protection must include tight-fitting goggles, a face shield, and a hard hat even for small quantities.
If a person contacts a corrosive liquid, copious amounts of water should be used to wash off the liquid. Washing should continue for a minimum of 15 minutes, and contaminated clothing should be removed. Fumes of bromine may be neutralized by using ammonia water or "household ammonia" sprayed through a sprinkler or watering pot. Suflqcient ammonia should be sprinkled to completely counteract bromine fumes before the broken packages are removed. Bromine and chlorine fumes can also be neutralized with "Hypo" (sodium thiosulfate solution).
A Guide to Safe Handling of Hazardous Materials Accidents by American Society for Testing and Materia